What do we do?
In the past, Tim and Pete have struggled to explain to anybody – including their immediate family, what they do for work. They have since agreed the stock answer is “We design building services – the discipline of turning cold, dark, cave-like structures into warm, light, habitable buildings”.
We suspect that since you have come across our site that you already know what building services are. However, we hope that this website helps all of our visitors to appreciate what our practice has to offer.
Hopkins Coats Associates – our strengths:
- We are small enough to work on a first-name basis from start to finish
- An established consultancy (just outgrown our teenage years)
- No project is too small. We figure if we deliver well on the smaller projects, you will come back to us with the bigger ones, too.
- Youthful energy delivered by the Partners, Tim and Pete
- We challenge the belief that only the ‘big boys’ are able to deliver ‘the goods’
In May 1995, Steve Hopkins and Mick Coats started Hopkins Coats Associates. At the time it was just the two of them, two chairs, a desk, a phone and a lot of ambition. And what a success story follows! Fast forward 20 years and Mick has now retired and enjoys looking after his garden. Steve has recently discovered motorbikes so if the weather turns for the better he discretely leaves the office and blasts off over to Conwy or some other seaside town. Fortunately, Tim and Pete have recently been appointed as Partners and they now take care of the day to day running of the business – read more about us below.